Sagar Institute of Science, Technology & Research (SISTec-R) Department of Civil Engineering conducted Three-Day Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Smart Grid Technologies” from 20th to 22nd August, 2019 sponsored by Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV) under the Third phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (referred to as TEQIP-III).
Dr. Shankar Chandrashekhar (CEO – VISION Earthcare Pvt. Ltd), Dr. Jyoti Deshmukh (Principal – SISTec-R), Head of Department Prof. Swajit Singh Goud inaugurated the event by lightning the lamp in front of Maa Sarawati.
The event continued with three sessions from speakers Mr. Nirav Saraiya (Director – N.S. & Associates, Mumbai) and Dr. Shankar Chandrashekhar (CEO – VISION Earthcare Pvt. Ltd)
Session Day 1:
1. Mr. Nirav Saraiya spoke on the topic of “Principles & Policies of Rainwater Harvesting”
2. Dr. Shankar Chandrashekhar spoke on the topic of “Waste Water Recycling via CAMUS-SBT”
3. Dr. Shankar Chandrashekhar spoke on the topic of “Treatment of Waste Water”
The second day was divided in four sessions headed by speakers Mr. Nirav Saraiya (Director – N.S. & Associates, Mumbai) and Dr. Lalit Mathur (Scientist – CGWB, Bhopal)
Session Day 2:
1. Mr. Nirav Saraiya gave a presentation on "Rural and Urban Case Studies"
2. Mr. Nirav Saraiya spoke and gave a brief presentation on the topic of “Rainwater Harvesting Filters Demonstration”
3. Dr. Lalit Mathur spoke on the topic of “Importance of Hydrogeological & Borewell Survey in Rainwater Harvesting”
4. Dr. Lalit Mathur spoke and gave presentation on the topic of “Hydrogeology of MP & Water Shade Management with Case Studies”
The third day was divided in three sessions headed by speaker Mr. Kaushal Lodaya (Member - MPECBC)
1. "Madhya Pradesh Energy Conservation Building Code"
2. "IGBC Rating System"
3. "Water Conservation Techniques"
All the students, faculties and research scholars present gained a lot of useful information with these sessions. The training program was aimed to create awareness on principles and policies of rainwater harvesting, wastewater management and green building initiatives, rating systems and certification process.