(Academic) Institutional Membership
Benefits available for this category of membership are listed below:
- Recognition by Accreditation bodies for association with a professional organization
- Grant of Free nominee membership to three faculty members with voting rights & log-in privilege on CSI knowledge portal
- 4 copies of CSI Communications every month
- Access to CSI knowledge portal and distinguished speaker list and eligibility for volunteering to be a speaker.
- Concessional rates for CSI Conferences and Tutorials for nominees
- Eligibility to publish articles in CSI communications and Transactions for nominees
- Discounted IEEE membership rate for faculty
- Reciprocal membership of BCS, ACS and subsidized product offerings by them
- Benefits available through CSI-IFIP, C-DAC, PMI & Microsoft collaboration
CSI IT Awards
The Society has instituted National IT awards to encourage and promote the spread of IT.
CSI National IT Awards in three separate categories to recognize “Significant Contributions to the promotion of IT applications”. These awards are categorized in Best Software, Best Shrink Wrapped Software and Best IT Usage.
It has recently started an award to recognize the “Best Quality project in the country” as well. CSI National “Young IT Professional Awards” to identify, recognize and encourage outstanding achievements of young IT professionals. CSI Award on “e-Governance” to give recognition to a Central or State govt. or any of its department which has made a significant impact in the usage of IT.
CSI-Nihilent e-Governance Awards 2007-08
The Society instituted in the year 1979, the Fellowship Awards to honor distinguished personalities who have served the Society with their dedication, devotion and faith to those who have excelled in fields related to the Society.
The Society has instituted a number of CSI Awards to commemorate the distinguished personalities or their dear ones, who have been actively associated with the CSI, with a view to reward members who excel in one form or the other. These awards are given during the Annual Convention of CSI.Dr. Virendra Gupta Memorial Award: (Best Student Paper Postgraduate)
This is awarded to the best student paper presented at Annual CSI Convention every year. Dr. Virendra Gupta was the Chairman of Delhi Chapter during 1974-76, North Regional Representative during 1977-79 and Member of Nomination Committee during 1980-81.
Raizada Memorial Award: (Best Article)
This Award instituted by the Delhi Chapter is presented at the Annual CSI Convention to the writer of the best article appearing in CSI Communications during the financial year. Mr. Raizada was the founder member of Delhi Chapter and its Secretary from 1970-73 and Editor of CSI Newsletter from 1973-78.
Anita Khanna Memorial Award
The award is given to the student standing 1st in the exams conducted by CSI. This Award has been instituted by Mr. R. S. Khanna of Delhi, father of Anita Khanna CSI member who passed away suddenly on last day of Annual Convention CSI-84 at Hyderabad.