B.E. Civil Engineering

SISTec offers best Civil Engineering courses in Bhopal

What is Civil Engineering?

Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment. The origin of Civil engineering can be dated back to the first time someone ever placed a roof over his head or laid a trunk across a river to get across it. Civil engineers design, build, and maintain the foundation of the built environment which defines modern civilization- our bridges and buildings strikes our mind first when we think of constructions, as they are the most prominent creations of Structural Engineering one of civil engineering's major sub-disciplines.

The other infra structural facilities in a country like Roads, railroads, subway systems, and airports are fashioned by Transportation Engineers. And then there are inconspicuous creations of civil engineers like the water supply and distribution systems, receiving billions of quality water from miles away to your doorstep.

Then right after the water has served its purposes it is treated and returned to the environment serving the intended role again, this remarkable development is attributed to the old civil engineering discipline of Sanitary Engineering which has evolved into modern Environmental Engineering. Civil engineers plan and supervise the construction of facilities in various industries like in aerospace industry designing jetliners and space stations, ship building industry, the power industry as construction managers through Construction Planning And Management another discipline of civil engineering. These few examples illustrate the diversity of civil engineering.

About Department

The Department of Civil Engineering offers undergraduate and post  graduate programs in civil engineering. The curriculum is designed to prepare students with firm technical bases. The department through its planned training sessions and workshops on the thrust areas and advancements of civil engineering helps nurturing the potentials of students.

We introduce our students to the opportunities the course encompasses and help them develop their vision to achieve the targets by organizing professional interaction programs through seminars/symposia with participation from academic and serving senior level officers in Central and State Government and Public Sector (PSUs)

The Department contributes to the interdisciplinary academic and research activity of the Institute.

Our team is committed to impart quality skills and knowledge to prepare students for the corporate as well as the construction world.

Along with achieving excellence in academics we focus on preparing them for the challenges of the professional world through Group discussions on socio-economic, cultural and technical scenarios, personality development and IQ-enhancement sessions.

Thrust Areas

• Focus on Research and Innovation
  • Exposure to construction sites
  • Skill Development
  • Learning through practical assignments
  • Self learning & problem solving through live projects

Career opportunities in Civil Engineering

There is a huge demand for civil engineers in India and abroad and it is expected to grow as the country gets ready to upgrade its infrastructure with growing economic and political arena of the world. Civil engineering opens a lot of opportunities in numerous central government agencies such as CPWD, MES, BRO, Indian Railways Public sector Units like BARC, NTPC, NHPC, DMRC, SAIL, GAIL, NBCC and the State government Agencies such as STATE PWD, RES, WRD, PHE and Municipal Corporations.

There are equally good opportunities in the private sector for civil engineers such as L&T, Gammon India Pvt Ltd, Dilip Buildcon, Ashoka Buildcon, GMR, DLF, Gayatri Construction.

A major opening for qualified civil engineers is also in armed forces where they can make vital contribution to the protection of the country. Last but not the least you can set up your own engineering consultancy.

Many civil engineers hold supervisory or administrative positions ranging from supervisor of a construction site to city engineer, public works director, and city manager. Others work in design, construction, research, and teaching.

Facilities

Department of Civil Engineering at SISTec-R is well equipped with quality infrastructure, an excellent teaching fraternity for delivering knowledge and educating students. To impart practical knowledge we have state of art laboratories. The department is also fully equipped with facilities such as AV Room, Auditorium, and Conference Room & Career Services.

Sagar Ratna (Academic Toppers)

ADIL MANSURI
Current SGPA: 8.2
SANDEEP MALVIYA
Current SGPA: 8
ADIL MANSURI
Current SGPA: 8.2
ABDUL RAHMAN
Current SGPA: 8.13
PRERNA SHREE
Current SGPA: 8.2
ROSHAN KUMAR JHARIYA
Current SGPA: 8.2
Veerendra Kumar
Veerendra Kumar
Current SGPA: 8.25
Rishav Sharma
Rishav Sharma
Current SGPA: 8.25
Syed Asim Hussain Zaidi
Syed Asim Hussain Zaidi
Current SGPA: 8.38
Rajeev Ranjan
Rajeev Ranjan
Current SGPA: 7.73
Shivam Chourasia
Current SGPA: 8.19

Our Enterprises

Contact us

Sagar Institute of Science Technology & Research (SISTec-R)

Sagar Institute of Science Technology & Research (SISTec-R) Sikandrabad,
Near Ratibad, Bhadbhada Road, Bhopal (M.P.)

Contact: 08959909908
Email Id: - admissions@sistec.ac.in